Tourism NI has put together a list of 10 exciting things to do in Northern Ireland (May 29 – June 4)
1. Gran Fondo Giro d’Italia, June 3-4. The legacy cycling event returns to Northern Ireland with a new starting venue at Stormont Estate. Cheer on the cyclists as they tackle two challenging routes from Belfast, to Strangford and the Mournes. Or join the post-ride pasta party at Stormont with Italian food, beer and wine.
2. Footsteps in the Forest, Co. Armagh, June 3-4. Follow the path to an enchanted land at Slieve Gullion Forest Park, where a mythical people are coming together. This weekend-long festival will have something for fantasy lovers of all ages. To book call 028 30 313170.
3. Marble Arch Caves family fun day, Co. Fermanagh, May 29. A jam-packed programme of events throughout the day including an interactive family nature hunt, face painting as well as a variety of arts and crafts activities. Free admission. To book call 028 66 348855.
4. Otter Mayhem, Co. Down, May 28-29. Meet the small-clawed Asian otter family at Exploris Aquarium in Portaferry, where you’ll learn lots of interesting otter facts. Get messy in the Crabby Crafts Club with themed otter puppet arts and crafts and make the day memorable with the mer-mazing face painter. Normal admission charges apply. To book call 028 42 728062.
5. Ballymoney Show 2017, Co. Antrim, June 2-3. This local agricultural show at Ballymoney Show Grounds offers two days of fun for all the family, including cattle, sheep, goat and poultry judging, dog shows, live music, games and over 100 trade stands.
6. Belfast Spring Continental Market, May 26-29. A delicious mix of food from across the globe returns to Belfast City Hall, as well as a mouth-watering selection of bespoke local products.
7. Walled City Music Festival, Derry~Londonderry , May 31 – June 4. The city’s premiere classical music event returns with a packed programme of recitals by leading artists, innovative projects, workshops and gala concerts at various venues. For full schedule visit http://walledcitymusic.com/
8. Mid Ulster Vintage Rally, Co. Londonderry, June 3. Enjoy the largest vintage vehicle rally in Mid Ulster. Hundreds of vehicles and items of machinery will be on display at Springhill House, Moneymore, with fun for all the family. Admission £2-5.
9. Joseph and the Amazing Technicolour Dream Coat, Millennium Forum, Derry~Londonderry,May 30- June 6. Bill Kenwright’s ‘amazing’ production of Tim Rice and Andrew Lloyd Webber’s sparkling family musical continues on its record breaking tour, starring Joe McElderry. £12.50-£32.50. To book call 028 71 264455.
10. GIs at the Gaol, Co. Down, May 29. Step back in time at Down County Museum and find out more about how the GIs lived in the old Gaol, with re-enactments, vehicles and hands-on activities suitable for all the family. Free admission.
Subscribe to Blog via Email
For more information on these events and other things to do in Northern Ireland, visit www.DiscoverNorthernIreland.