THIS year’s Dubai Duty Free Irish Open Hosted by the Rory Foundation is set to be bigger and better than ever before with a world class line-up of golfers and the chance to watch Northern Ireland native Rory McIlroy defend his title in front of home fans at Portstewart Golf Club from July 6-9.
Those who aren’t keen golf fans and think the event may not be for them couldn’t be more wrong as there is lots to see and do at the event this year as well as a range of fun filled events suitable for everyone.
The Dubai Duty Free Irish Open is this year’s not to be missed event and here are 10 reasons why:
- Spot the celebs – the line-up for this year’s PRO AM is the best yet with an array of celebrities confirmed including actors Jamie Dornan and James Nesbitt, singer Shane Filan of Westlife, musicians Kevin Baird and Sam Halliday of Two Door Cinema Club, TV presenter Vernon Kay, Hollywood actor Aidan Quinn and football manager Pep Guardiola.
- Golf superstars – many big names will be playing at this year’s Irish Open including Rory McIlroy, Hideki Matsuyama, Jon Rahm, Justin Rose, Tommy Fleetwood, Tyrrell Hatton, Thomas Pieters, Rafa Cabrera Bello, Shane Lowry, Andrew ‘Beef’ Johnston, Lee Westwood, Graeme McDowell, Danny Willett, Padraig Harrington, Darren Clarke and Ian Poulter.
- Music to your ears – visitors to the Dubai Duty Free Irish Open this year will be spoilt for choice entertainment wise as chart-topping band Two Door Cinema Club will open the event on Wednesday 5th July (PROAM) and Scouting for Girls will close the event on Sunday 9th July. This is the first time a major international recording artist will have performed at the event. Local musical talent will also perform throughout the tournament.
- Unbelievable value – this year’s competition is better value than ever with pre-tournament tickets ranging from only £15 – £20 and tournament tickets ranging from £40 – £100. Spectators can also get a full seated view of all of the drama at the 18th green with grandstand tickets for only £11.50 for Thursday and Friday, £16.50 for Saturday, although Sunday is sold out. Official Hospitality packages are also available on the ticketing page or directly through the European Tour. An adult season souvenir ticket, which covers six days of world class golf from Tuesday to Sunday, costs just £100 (a saving of £105 over the course of the six days) and includes access to all the entertainment.
- Family friendly – ‘Family Tuesday’ on July 4 offers a great day out for families to go and see their golf heroes up close and enjoy some of the many family activities available. Visitors should be sure to pop into the tented village which will play host to a variety of family-themed activities and entertainment.
- Hidden gems at Portstewart – there is lots to see and do in Portstewart including a range of places to eat out such as Harry’s Shack and the Anchor Bar, stunning scenery to explore in areas like the Giant’s Causeway and Bushmills and those looking for something really adventurous can have a go at surfing or diving.
- A Global affair – the event offers the chance to be part of something spectacular as the stunning Northern Irish coastline will be broadcast around the globe to more than 450 million homes.
- Record breaking event – the 2017 Dubai Duty Free Irish Open is set to be the biggest in the tournament’s history as part of the Rolex Series, with an increased prize fund of US$7million to be matched by an enhanced fan experience outside of the ropes.
- Food and Drink – take some time to relax from the excitement of the golf in the tented village which offers a range of tasty eateries and places to enjoy a refreshing drink.
- The Rory Foundation – a percentage of all ticket sales will go directly to the Rory Foundation which aims to advance opportunities for children who are suffering from ill health or who are unfairly disadvantaged.
Win 2 tickets to the Irish Open (Friday 7th July)!
There’s still time to purchase tickets for the Dubai Duty Free Irish Open, simply click on www.dubaidutyfreeirishopen.com