What’s on at St George’s Market this Christmas
Make the most of St George’s Market festive fun during December. Santa will be launching Christmas at the market when he arrives this Friday 5 December at 11.30am. Every weekend until Christmas there’ll be children’s activities and live festive music.
Don’t worry if you miss Santa as he’ll be back on 12, 13 and 14 December as well as 19, 20 and 21 December from 12 noon until 2pm; he’ll be walking around meeting and greeting visitors as well as handing out sweet treats!
And come to our St George’s Market Christmas Extravaganza, which runs from Friday 19 December to Wednesday 24 December. Expect live music, giveaways, children’s competitions and activities, and of course you can buy unique Christmas gifts for your friends and family. If you’re at the market on 22 and 23 December there’ll also be live music from 12.30pm until 3pm and 4.30pm to 8.30pm.
We’re running a competition offering you the chance to win one of three Christmas hampers filled with exciting treats and goodies from our traders’ stalls.
We’ll be picking one winner each weekend from now until Christmas. To enter, pick up and complete an entry form from the entertainment area on any of the market days and post it in the competition box.
Also, if you visit the market on both 22 and 23 December, you could be in with a chance of winning our ultimate Christmas dinner, including table accessories, courtesy of St George’s Market traders.
If you are one of our weekly hamper winners, we’ll contact you on 9, 16 or 23 December (the Tuesday after each competition). We’ll contact the ultimate Christmas dinner winner on 23 December 2014.
Recipe suggestions for the festive period
Our market traders can help you make the most of your Christmas leftovers:
- If you like hot food, think about making a turkey curry; you can pick up a a delicious sauce from Currysauceni or Hot Lips Curry.
- For a more traditional option, why not make tasty turkey sandwiches using one of our traders’ mouthwatering artisan breads? Pack in the turkey, ham stuffing and cranberry sauce, and maybe a pickle or two for the tastiest Christmas sandwich.
STOCKING FILLERS FOR LESS THAN £10
- Buy humorous, locally themed coasters from Jeff at Belfast Times for £3 each or four for £10!
- Visit Aura Jewellery for seasonal offers; some of the earrings are £5, there’s a necklace for £8 and rings for £10. They’re all handcrafted by Joanne Ritchie.
- Based in Bangor, Papas Mineral Company is a small local manufacturer of speciality drinks and cordials which sells bottles of old favourites like non-alcoholic ginger wine, clove cordial, sarsaparilla cordial for £4.99 each.
- New to St George’s Market, children’s author and publisher Hilary Bailey sells her children’s books on Skye the Springer. Priced at £5, these would make a great present for children aged two years to 10.
- Kelticandles has a host of soy candles priced at just £7. Available in over 20 different fragrances, they can burn for 35 to 40 hours. Try the 12 festive scents that will help to keep the Christmas aroma continuing into the New Year!
- Pop into St George’s Market Bar and Grill during the party season and buy £5 and £10 vouchers, great gifts for those who love eating out.
- At Perfect Scents from Sally, you can fill your Christmas stockings for £10 or less. There’s a great selection of more than 80 new and old Scentsy wax packs including Scentsy scent packs, warmer fronts, handcreams, body sprays and hand soaps and a free gift wrapping service for some items.
Everything you need this Christmas under one roof!
From the finest butchers who can supply your Christmas dinner essentials such as turkey and ham to the freshest fruit and vegetable suppliers. If you’re not a turkey and ham eater, then there is a wide selection of fresh fish stalls at St George’s Market; we have a reputation for being the leading retail fish market on the island of Ireland. And don’t forget our fresh vegetable stalls.
If you’re looking for a nice dessert option to dazzle your Christmas dinner guests, there’s a wide selection of delicious cake, sweet treats, chocolate and dessert stands, offering a little something to suit even the sweetest tooth.
With a wide selection of art, crafts and antique traders, including items that you won’t find on the high street, you’re almost certain to find a unique gift for that special someone.
Happy browsing and shopping!