Families look set to get their summer off to a head start and keep it closer to home thanks to a partnership between British Airways and some of the UK’s biggest airports – including Belfast City Airport.
The airline is offering free flights for children under 12 who travel with a full paying adult on journeys between Heathrow and Edinburgh, Aberdeen, Glasgow, Leeds, Newcastle and Belfast.
The partnership means up to two children can fly for free when travelling with an adult even during the school holidays. It can be used on Euro Traveller tickets booked from now until May 13, for travel from June 1 until November 5, 2018. Find out more and book online at ba.com/kids-fly-free.
Adam Daniels, British Airways’ Chief Commercial Officer, said: “We know it can be a struggle to keep the kids entertained over the summer holidays and once one break from school finishes parents have to start turning their attention to the next one.
“With so many fantastic tourist attractions and activities for kids across Britain, the offer also looks set to give UK tourism a boost by encouraging families to visit London, the North, Scotland and Northern Ireland for their holidays.”
Simon Eastburn, Heathrow’s Director of Airline Business Development, said: “Summer brings with it more opportunity for families to explore and this partnership with British Airways means children can discover and learn more about the UK, complementing our free travel on the Heathrow Express and Kids eat Free in Heathrow restaurants.”
British Airways has also opened a permanent family check in area at Terminal 5 in Zone A with a dedicated security lane for parents and children.
Flyers can fuel up before their flight at Terminal 5, with Heathrow’s Kids Eat Free offer at Gordon Ramsay Plane Food and Huxleys Restaurant and Bar, while the Heathrow Express is just the ticket for families as children aged 15 years and under can travel for free, saving time as well as money ahead of their holiday. There are also kids-eat-free deals at selected Marriot Hotels during a family stay and 15 per cent off at London’s KidZania.
Customers can choose to cut the cost of flights by using Avios part payment. They are able to pick from a range of savings by destination and cabin. Customers making the most of this are still able to collect Avios and Tier Points on their bookings.*
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- *Terms and conditions apply. Please see here for more information.
Return adult hand baggage only economy fares on British Airways flights from June to November, between Heathrow and the following airports start from:
£87 – Belfast
£81 – Leeds
£73 – Newcastle
£79 – Edinburgh
£70 – Aberdeen
£79 – Glasgow
- Kids fly free applies to children who are under 12 at the start of the journey
- Kids must be accompanied by an adult, and up to two kids can fly for free with each fare paying adult
- The offer runs from June 1, 2018 to November 5, 2018.
- All seats are subject to availability
- The offer is valid on one-way and return tickets from London Heathrow (LHR) to/from Leeds Bradford (LBA), Newcastle (NCL), Edinburgh (EDI), Aberdeen (ABZ), Belfast (BHD) and Glasgow (GLA).
- Flights must be booked between 12:00 April 16, 2018 and 23:59 May 13, 2018 and travel must be taken between June 1, 2018 and November 5, 2018.