Date: 15 Nov 2014
Time: 6.45pm – 7.45pm
Venue: Donegall Square (in front of Belfast City Hall)
Join Lord Mayor Councillor Nichola Mallon and special guests as Belfast lights up for Christmas on Saturday 15 November, from 6.45pm to 7.45pm at the front of City Hall.
It’s the perfect start to Christmas for the young and the young at heart.
Our host Pete Snodden (Cool FM), everyone’s favourite Little Kingdom characters, Ben and Holly, and CBeebies’ greatest gardener Mr Bloom are all ready to get us into the festive spirit.
Also joining us is Zena Donnelly, a 12 year old girl from Blackrock, Co.Dublin, who’s one of the young stars ofCinemagic’s A Christmas Star, an upcoming feature film, being made here in Belfast this winter by young people, mentored by industry professionals.
Download more information on our entertainers below.
How to get your tickets
Free tickets will be available from the Visit Belfast Welcome Centre, 9 Donegall Square North from 9am on Wednesday 5 November.
You can collect your tickets in person or book online at www.visit-belfast.com (maximum four tickets per person).
If you book online, you must collect your wristbands in person between 2pm on Wednesday 5 November and 5pm on Thursday 13 November.
Access to the event
Please check the colour of your wristbands and access the event through these four colour coded entrances:
- red wristband access via Donegall Square West or Wellington Place only
- green wristband access via Donegall Place only
- blue wristband access via Donegall Square East or Chichester Street only
- yellow wristband (accessible viewing area only) access via Donegall Square West only.
Accessible viewing for people with disabilities
An accessible viewing area for people with disabilities is available on the Donegall Square West side of the site. Patrons should ask for the appropriate tickets for this viewing area.
Tickets are limited to one plus carer for this area and can be booked by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org from 9am on Wednesday 5 November or by calling into the Visit Belfast Welcome Centre in person. Please note this is on a first-come, first-served basis.
Reminders for wristband holders
- Please wrap up warm and remember this is an outdoor, standing event.
- The event will begin at 6.45pm and end at 7.45pm.
- Ben and Holly will be on stage for five minutes only.
- There is no dedicated car parking at this event.
- Blue badge parking is suspended all day on 15 November on Donegall Place.
- The event site opens at 6.10pm approx. We recommend that you arrive before 7.10pm.
- The taxi rank on Donegall Square North will move to Donegall Square East (beside Ulster Bank) from 2pm on 15 November.
- Traffic diversions will be in place from 5.30pm on 15 November.
- Please download our full terms and conditions of entry below.
Belfast Christmas Market
The Belfast Christmas Market will be at City Hall from 12 noon on Saturday 15 November until Sunday 21 December at 6pm.
Santa’s Post Box
Santa’s Post Box will be in the grounds of City Hall from 15 November until 18 December for kids to post their wish lists. Please make sure to provide your address so that Santa can reply!