Save up to £1,600 by sailing home to Northern Ireland with Stena Line
THE festive period traditionally sees thousands of families make their way home to Northern Ireland and this year leading ferry company Stena Line is ensuring that those who want to get home can do so for much less than if they choose to fly.
To help customers make the best travel choice possible, Stena Line has analysed the costs for a family of four travelling via ferry from various cities around the UK to Belfast during the current designated travel window of Tuesday 22nd December to Monday 28th December* and based on a return Flexi Fare.
Great value economy fares start from £109 for a single car and driver, with Flexi ticket upgrades only £15 extra. Not only will families make huge savings, but they can also enjoy all the perks that come with travelling home by car including plenty of space for Christmas presents and suitcases with no baggage charges or airline queues.
- A family of four making their way home from Leeds to Belfast from 22nd – 28th December, can save a staggering £1,600 as sailing with Stena Line will cost £525.24 including car fuel whilst flying home with a well-known airline with car hire would cost approximately £2,154.78. This huge saving will ensure families can travel home without having to worry or stress about the financial burden.
- Families travelling from Liverpool to Belfast from 23rd – 27th December will save £1,034.39 as travelling with Stena Line will cost approximately £441 whilst flying will come to around £1,475.39.
- A family of four travelling from Edinburgh to Belfast on 22nd December and returning on the 28th can save up to £553.19 as sailing with Stena Line will cost £498.36 including car fuel, whilst a family of four flying from Edinburgh to Belfast on the same dates will cost approximately £1,051.55. Travelling from Glasgow to Belfast during the same travel period this festive period will ensure savings of over £600.
- Families making their way home from Birmingham on 23rd – 27th December to reunite with loved ones can save over £800, with Stena Line travel costing £462.72 and flights with a well-known airline costing £1285.67.
- Those based in London can sail home with savings of over £1,000 as flying to Belfast from Luton airport on 23rd December and returning on the 27th will cost around £1537.33 whilst sailing with Stena Line will come to approximately £491.76 including car fuel.
- Sailing with Stena Line from Newcastle to Belfast from 23rd – 27th December will ensure savings of over £700 as ferry travel will cost around £502.92 whilst flying will come to £1228.15.
“We understand Christmas is a very important time for families to be together, especially this year,” said Orla Noonan, Stena Line’s Travel Commercial Manager, Irish Sea.
“We also understand that 2020 has been a tough year for many so we’re pleased that we can offer people fantastic travel options that won’t break the bank.
“Some of our sailings and cabins have already sold out and are close to capacity so we are advising passengers to book as soon as possible to ensure they get to spend Christmas at home.
“Since the announcement of the Christmas travel window we have had a huge increase in bookings, in fact our bookings on the Cairnryan to Belfast route are up over 200% whilst on Liverpool to Belfast they are up by 90%. Demand has been such that additional sailings have been added to both routes.
“Our comfortable and spacious ferries allow our guests to relax, socially distance and enjoy their travel experience with us. A popular choice for extra space, comfort and privacy onboard, customers can also upgrade to our exclusive Stena Plus and Hygge Recline Lounges or relax in their own private cabin which we encourage booking as soon as possible as they tend to sell out quickly,” Orla added.
Stena Line has continued to invest in various safety measures including increased cleaning measures, plenty of space for social distancing and ventilation systems operating with 100% fresh air.
Stena Line is the Irish Sea’s leading ferry company with an unrivalled choice of routes and sailings to Northern Ireland and Britain and offer great onboard facilities such as free movies, free wifi, amazing value onboard shopping, luxury Stena Plus lounge, ensuite cabins, children’s play areas, and a variety of places to dine.
For further information or to book visit www.stenaline.co.uk/christmas or call 08447 70 70 70.
Alternatively check out the Stena Line low fares finder on www.stenaline.co.uk/lff
*The savings and price comparison details are correct as of 1 December 2020 and are subject to change . Car parking at each airport is the cheapest available option for pre-booking – usually in the long stay car park. Airport car hire is based on a small Economy (Group B) car e.g. Vauxhall Corsa 4 door or similar for driver aged 30+