Get set as a never-before-seen spectacular celebration of the Indian Festival of Light descends on Belfast City Centre.
Expect an evening of stunning music, dance, drumming, procession and fireworks as over 1,000 community participants, dancers and musicians light up the streets of Belfast.
The Event Site
• Nine Nights is a non ticketed event with the audience viewing area across Donegal Square North and down Donegal Place. This event is standing only.
• There will be three designated entrances & exits to the audience viewing area:
– Donegall Place – onto Donegall Square North
– Donegall Square West / Wellington Place – onto Donegall Square North
– Donegall Square East / Chichester Street – onto Donegall Square North
• Admission to the audience viewing area is on a first come, first served basis is subject to available capacity. On arrival you will be admitted with a colour coded wristband relating to the zone you are in. Crowd control measures will be in place to admit members of the public into the audience viewing area. Those who do not wish to attend the event are asked to follow the pedestrian diversions in place.
• The show will start at 7.00pm. At approximately 7.20pm a torchlight procession will enter Donegal Square North. Audiences are welcome to follow the procession route from Custom House Square to City Hall and then join the main show audience.
• Nine Nights is an immersive outdoor theatre experience and has been designed with optimal viewing in mind for all the audience. Parts of the show will take place within the audience viewing area. Attendees are asked to be mindful of this and show respect to the performers and participants in the show.
• A designated viewing platform is available for disabled patrons. This platform will be situated on Donegal Place (adjacent to the former Karen Millen store). This platform has limited capacity and should be pre-booked by telephoning 028 9023 1381 or emailing email@example.com
• Should you leave the audience viewing area you may not be able to re-enter; this will be at the discretion of the stewards during the event and may be dependant on the area reaching capacity.
• Children under 16 must be accompanied by an adult. Patrons are asked to note that this is an outdoor, standing event and young children must be kept under adult supervision at all times.
• Toilet facilities will be situated along Donegal Square West & East.
• There are no food facilities on site but we do encourage you to make use of the ample eateries within Belfast City Centre pre or post show.
• There is no designated parking for this event. We encourage you to use public transport with our partners Translink.
Road Closures, Diversions & Parking
• There are road closures and diversions in place to facilitate this event.
• On the 23rd October, Donegall Place, Donegall Square West, Wellington Place/Donegall Square North and East will be closed to facilitate a dress rehearsal of the show from 8.30pm to 9.45pm (or when deemed safe by the PSNI)
• On 24th October a rolling closure on the junction of Victoria Street and High Street, will be in place until the procession passes through. Donegall Place, Donegall Square West, Wellington Place/Donegall Square North and East will be closed from 6.15pm to 9.45pm (or when deemed safe by the PSNI)
• There will be diversions in place for bus services operated by Translink. Please visit www.translink.co.uk for more information