~ Final Call For Entries for the Hennessy Connoisseurs Challenge 2016 ~
Northern Ireland bartenders have just under a week to enter for the chance to win a prestigious training scholarship with the world’s most iconic cognac brand, Hennessy.
The Hennessy Connoisseurs Challenge returns for a second year in 2016 and seeks to uncover the stars of Northern Ireland’s cocktail scene. Final calls for entries are now being made, with the entry deadline approaching this Sunday, 24th July.
Following the success of the inaugural Hennessy Connoisseurs Challenge in 2015, drinks company, Dillon Bass – owners of the Hennessy brand in Northern Ireland – is bringing the prestigious competition back this summer, aiming to uncover NI’s top mixology talent.
The high octane final will take place at Ox Cave on Monday 15th August, and is expected to draw interest from bartenders right across Northern Ireland.
Bartenders from across Northern Ireland attended the official launch of the Hennessy Connoisseurs Challenge at an event in Belfast this week, where they got a chance to meet last year’s winners, sample their winning cocktails and find out more about what it takes to be a Hennessy Connoisseur.
Last year Frankie Cosgrove from sixty6 Belfast, Nathaniel McAuley from Muriel’s Café Bar and Roisin McErlean from Sweet Afton beat off stiff competition to be named Hennessy Connoisseurs. The trio won an impressive money can’t buy prize package courtesy of Dillon Bass, which included a VIP all expenses paid trip to Cognac to visit Maison Hennessy and Chateau Bagnolet, where they received one-on-one training, including a tasting with Hennessy’s master blender.
This once in a lifetime immersive training experience is up for grabs once again, in what’s been tipped by the industry as one of the most exciting opportunities available to local bartenders. The three winning Connoisseurs will also have their signature drinks showcased on Hennessy digital platforms.
The international judging panel includes Vincent Borjon-Prive from Hennessy, Julie Dupouy, Brand Ambassador for Moet-Hennessy, recently named as one of the world’s top three sommeliers and Joel Neill from Hospitality Ulster. The esteemed panel of judges will put the bartenders through their paces, assessing them on a signature Hennessy cocktail, as well as their skill and product knowledge.
Commenting on the launch of the Hennessy Connoisseurs Challenge 2016, Laura Blair, brand manager for Hennessy at Dillon Bass, said:
“Building on the incredible success of our Hennessy Connoisseurs Challenge in 2015, we are proud to once again offer local bartenders an incredible opportunity to win this incredible training scholarship with Hennessy.
“Our Hennessy Connoisseurs Challenge was designed to discover Northern Ireland’s finest and most talented mixologists, who can embody the spirit of Hennessy. In 2015 we did just this and our three Hennessy Connoisseurs, Frankie, Roisin and Nathaniel have gone on to make their mark on the local mixology scene.
“Given the exceptionally high standard of entries last year, we anticipate that our international judging panel will once again have their work cut out for them.”
Entries for the Dillon Bass Hennessy Connoisseurs Challenge can be submitted through the Hennessy NI Facebook page, facebook.com/HennessyNI
Entries close at midnight on Sunday 24th July 2016.
Share your Hennessy NI stories on Facebook and Twitter using the hashtag, #HennessyNI
About the Hennessy Connoisseurs Challenge
- The Hennessy Connoisseurs Challenge launched in 2015, seeking to uncover Northern Ireland’s top mixology talent.
- In 2015, 11 bartenders made it through to the final; Frankie Cosgrove from sixty6 Belfast, Nathaniel McAuley from Muriel’s Café Bar and Roisin McErlean from Sweet Afton were named the winners at the grand finale event.
- The Hennessy Connoisseurs Challenge is returning for 2016.
- Bartenders must submit a creative cocktail recipe, with ingredients and method, accompanying photos and/or videos, as well as a brief (max 250 words) explanation of how their drink embodies the vibrant heritage of Hennessy.
- Recipes must contain a minimum of 35ml of Hennessy VS, Hennessy VSOP, or Hennessy Fine de Cognac (or a combination)
- For full terms and conditions visit dillonbass.co.uk
- Judges will assess bartenders on the taste and presentation of their drinks, as well as the inspiration behind their recipes and their technical/product knowledge.
- Entries for the Dillon Bass Hennessy Connoisseurs Challenge are open now. Entries can be submitted via the Hennessy NI Facebook page facebook.com/HennessyNI or by email to email@example.com.
- Entries close at midnight on Sunday 24th July 2016.
- Visit www.dillonbass.co.uk for full terms and conditions.
The Hennessy Connoisseurs Challenge Prize package includes:
- Trip to Cognac to visit Maison Hennessy and Chateau Bagnolet 23rd-25th November 2016. The top three winners will get the opportunity to stay in the Chateau and experience dinner in the fantastic surroundings, as well as a guided tour of Maison Hennessy to see the production of Hennessy and a tasting with the Hennessy Master Blender.
- Winning recipes from each of the top three bartenders to be featured in press and online.
- Extensive PR coverage for each of the three Hennessy Connoisseurs Challenge winners.