Date: 30 Oct 2016
Venue: The Slipways, Titanic Belfast
Belfast’s biggest and best Halloween event is back and is promising guests plenty of weird and wonderful action on Sunday 30 October at the Slipways, Titanic Belfast with a ‘movie blockbusters’ theme – and a cast of thousands!
Beginning at 4pm, the entertainment line-up will feature:
- an array of street theatre and walkabouts
- breathtaking fire shows and jugglers
- movie star cars (DeLorean, Ghostbusters Ecto 1, Transformers Bumblebee, General Lee)
- wicked arts and crafts workshops
- fairground rides
- on stage – live music (The Unusual Suspects) and look-a-like ‘Harry’ and ‘Hagrid’ characters from Harry Potter
- face painting
- a range of hot food, drinks, sweets and Halloween tasty treats.
This year’s theme is ‘movie blockbusters’ and monsters and ghouls of all ages can come along in their show-stopping movie outfits or traditional spooky Halloween ones.
Alongside our media partner, Q Radio, the Q street team will be amongst the crowd to select the best fancy dress outfits on the night and there are some fangtastic prizes up for grabs.
The evening will draw to a cinematic finale with the largest fireworks display in the city, set to a movie blockbuster soundtrack with theme tunes including Mission Impossible, Star Wars, Flash Gordon, Jaws and Ghostbusters.
Travelling to and from the event
A free ‘ghost shuttle bus’ will operate to and from the event.
Buses depart from Chichester Street (outside SS Moore’s) every 15 minutes from 3.45pm – 6.15pm and will drop off on Queen’s Road.
Buses will leave Queen’s Road at The Paint Hall from approximately 7pm – 7.45pm. The city centre drop off location is beside the City Hall at Donegall Square West.
There is no designated event parking onsite. We encourage you to use the free shuttlebus service from the city centre or use the paid for surface car parks on Queen’s Road, underground car park at Titanic Belfast or the Belfast MET.
For more info on the event contact the Visit Belfast Welcome Centre on 028 9024 6609 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Terms and conditions of entry
- Access to the event is free and on a first come first served basis.
- Belfast City Council requests that patrons assist in creating a shared event space Therefore; we reserve the right to restrict access to its events if it is deemed, by the Council, that a patron(s) is/are in breach of this position. Belfast City Council also has a duty to ensure various equality rights are protected under S75 of the Northern Ireland Act, and reserves the right to restrict access to events should a patron be behaving in a way that is likely to constitute a breach of these obligations
- Alcohol is not permitted onsite and will not be sold onsite.
- Children under 16 must be accompanied by an adult.
- Should you leave the event you may not be able to re-enter; this will be at the discretion of the stewards and may be dependent on the site reaching capacity.
- Assistance dogs only allowed onsite.
- No bicycles permitted onsite.
- No glass or naked flames permitted onsite.
- Unauthorised charity collections, leafleting or other promotional activity are not permitted within the site
- Please be aware that Belfast City Council will have an official photographer onsite. All patrons who appear in photographic images consent to do so by attending the event. If you are unhappy to do so please contact the Event Controller at the Lost Persons point on arrival to the site.
- Once onsite you assume all risk of injury and all responsibility for property loss, destruction or theft, and release organisers, sponsors, performers, venue and their employees from any liability.
- Belfast City Council has the right to refuse admission.
- Please note that queues for some entertainment activities will be managed and due to popularity some may be closed prior to advertised event times. All queues will be closed no later than 15minutes before the event ends.
- Parking is not available onsite; please use the public car parks within the area.
- While the event site is accessible; we would ask that you take caution underfoot on the gravel areas.
- Smoke effects, strobe lighting, lasers and loud noises may be used at this event.
- This outdoor event will happen regardless of weather conditions, so please dress accordingly.
- Belfast City Council reserves the right to make any alterations to the advertised details for the event.