Recipes Using the Officially Named World’s Best Prosecco
Summer-Inspired Cocktail Recipes Created Exclusively for Lidl by the GastroGays
Lidl Northern Ireland’s Allini Conegliano Superiore Prosecco has officially been named the World’s Best Prosecco at the 2020 Sparkling Wine Awards and, at just £7.99 a bottle, it’s winning on value too!
To celebrate this, Lidl Northern Ireland has partnered with Instagram sensation and popular food and drink blogger duo, the GastroGays, to create a mouth-watering series of summer cocktails, including the retailer’s award-winning prosecco and selected drinks from Lidl’s new Summer Spirits range.
In homage to the World’s Best Prosecco, available at all 39 Lidl Northern Ireland stores, the first cocktail recipe the GastroGays have created exclusively for the retailer includes the famous bottle. The Rhubarb Royale is a summery twist on the well-known Kir Royale. All you need is a bottle of Allini Conegliano Superiore (£7.99), Lidl’s Hortus Rhubarb & Ginger Gin Liqueur (£9.99) and lemon juice.
What better way to sit back and relax on a warm summer’s day than sipping on a refreshing Strawberry Daiquiri? The GastroGays have put a Lidl twist on the popular fruity drink by using the Korol Carbon Filtered Vodka (£12.99) from Lidl’s new Summer Spirits range and their juicy fresh Deluxe Strawberries (£2). To complete your Daquiri, you’ll also need caster sugar, limes and basil. Add a spicy twist to your strawberry daquiri by garnishing with some fresh black pepper.
Lidl will also be stocking a delicious raspberry gin as part of their Summer Spirits range. The GastroGays have created a summer twist on the classic Clover Club that is simple but incredibly tasty. Pick up Lidl’s Hampstead Strawberry Gin (£14.99) from their Summer Spirits range and just add lemon juice, raspberry syrup, an egg white and vermouth.
Lidl’s World’s Best Prosecco, Allini Conegliano Superiore is available permanently in all 39 Lidl Northern Ireland stores nationwide, while the retailer’s Summer Spirits range is available in-store from Monday 13th July, while stocks last.
|Premium Raspberry Gin||£14.99||Monday 13th July|
|Hortus Rhubarb & Ginger Gin Liqueur||£9.99||Monday 13th July|
|Ms Jackson Pink Gin||£16.99||Monday 13th July|
|Hampstead Strawberry Gin||£14.99||Monday 13th July|
|Korol Carbon Filtered Vodka||£12.99||Monday 13th July|
|Three Peaks Gin||£16.99||Monday 13th July|
GastroGays Lidl Summer Cocktails Recipes:
- Allini Conegliano Superiore Prosecco (£7.99)
- Hortus & Ginger Gin Liqueur (£9.99)
- 15ml lemon juice
- In a flute, add the Rhubarb & Ginger Gin Liqueur at the bottom with the lemon juice, stirring to combine, then top up the glass with the Prosecco. You could serve with a ribbon of candied rhubarb within the drink, or for a fiery kick a small cube of crystallised ginger at the bottom.
- Korol Vodka (£12.99)
- Deluxe Strawberries
- Fresh Cracked Black Pepper
- Caster Sugar
- 2 limes, juiced
- In a blender, blitz the fresh strawberries with the vodka, lime juice, basil and black pepper until smooth. Strain the mixture (to remove the strawberry seeds) into a container suitable for the freezer, and freeze for at least 4-6 hours, or ideally overnight.
- Before serving, chill your glass of choice (coupe, martini, margarita) in the fridge for 10 minutes as you take the mixture out of the freezer and allow to start defrosting.
- When ready to serve, re-blend the mixture to a smooth, thick consistency and pour into your chilled glass. Serve with some fresh strawberry on the rim of the glass.
- 50ml Hampstead Strawberry Gin (£14.99)
- 25ml Vermouth (£5.85)
- 25ml Lemon juice
- 50ml raspberry syrup
- 1 egg white
- Fresh raspberries (to garnish)
*to make the raspberry syrup, either make a simple syrup (1:1 sugar to water, boil until it goes clear, then cool and store in a jar) and combine equal parts raspberries and simple syrup, blitz together with a hand blender and strain the seeds; or simply mash some raspberries with a tbsp of sugar and a little water to thin it to pouring consistency and strain the seeds.
- In a cocktail shaker, combine a handful of ice with all the ingredients. Clamp on a lid and shake vigorously for 30 seconds, until the shaker is chilled on the outside and the ice sounds to be almost entirely melted.
- Strain through a cocktail strainer into in a chilled coupe glass, garnishing with a trio of fresh raspberries on a cocktail stick.