Market Place are happy to announce that for the 10th year of the Belfast Christmas Market, we are running the annual Pitch Perfect Competition with the support of the Belfast City Council.
The Pitch Perfect Competition offers young businesses a unique opportunity to grow. Any business, sole trader older than six months but younger than a year trading in goods of interest to (primarily) visitors to the Belfast Christmas Market and (subsequently) those who wish to experience retail in Belfast, can apply to win the following:
- A chalet at the Belfast Christmas Market (in the grounds of City Hall)
- An extensive PR campaign
- A business mentor
- Valued at over £100k this prize really is a unique opportunity to improve your chance of running a successful business.
All applications must be submitted by e-mail no later than 5pm on Monday 21st October 2013.
The Pitch Perfect Application must include:
- The business name
- The address at which the business is registered or works from
- Details of how long the business has been trading
- A brief outline of what product the business sells (not exceeding 200 words)
- A brief outline of the business target market (not exceeding 200 words)
- A brief outline of how the business could develop and grow ( not exceeding 300 words)
Rules for entrants
All applicants must be aged 18 years or over
The business / sole trader must not be currently registered to trade as part of the Christmas Continental Market
The business/ sole trader must have been in existence for no less than six months
The business/ sole trader must not have been trading for more than one year
Supporting material such as images will be accepted, product samples cannot be accepted.
If successful the business must be able to trade for the full opening hours of the Belfast Christmas Market:
16 November – 22 December
Opens 12 noon Saturday 16 November
Mon – Wed 10 am – 8pm
Thurs – Sat 10am 10pm
Sun 1pm – 6pm
If successful the winner is responsible for branding and dressing their chalet in conjunction with the Christmas Market guidelines
Canvassing members of the judging panel or their organisations will result in disqualification
All applications must be submitted by email no later than 5pm on Monday 21October 2013
Applications must be no longer than 2 A4 sheets of paper (using point size 11)
The winning business will be notified by w/c 28 October
The winning business must be in a position to begin trading from Saturday 16 November