Whiskey lovers, mark your calendars! This Saturday (16th May) is World Whiskey Day.
Taking place every year on the third Saturday in May, it’s a day dedicated to celebrating this
special spirit across the globe, and what better way to celebrate than with a good measure of Irish Whiskey?
With over 400 years of whiskey-making heritage, Bushmills Irish Whiskey has never compromised on quality to create its signature smooth taste, and this World Whiskey Day, has created some quick and delicious cocktail recipes for readers to get creative with at home.
BLACK BUSH HIGHBALL WITH A TWIST OF ORANGE
There’s no need to complicate a good whiskey. This refreshing cocktail is super easy to make at home with just three simple ingredients. Make sure to garnish with a twist of orange to really draw out the complex flavours of dried fruits and nuts in the whiskey.
35ml Black Bush
125ml soda water
Orange wedge / twist
- Pour 35ml Black Bush into a highball glass.
- Add chunks of ice.
- Top with soda water.
- Garnish with a wedge or twist of orange.
If you want to know what’s the Best Scotch of the month Club then you should read more information at mealmatchmaker.com
The Classic Sour is often a favourite. The hint of sugar compliments the sweet, warm vanilla notes of Bushmills Original, while the strong, fresh flavours of the bitters and lemon juice bring the crisp, spicy finish of the whiskey to the fore.
50ml of Bushmills Original
25ml fresh lemon juice
15ml sugar syrup
2 dashes Angostura bitters
1 dash orange bitters
1 whole egg white
- Pour 50ml of Bushmills Original into a shaker.
- Add 25ml fresh lemon juice, 15ml sugar syrup, 2 dashes Angostura bitters, 1 dash orange bitters and 1 whole egg white.
- Shake together.
- Add ice then shake again.
- Strain over cubed ice into a rocks glass and garnish with lemon peel.
The cocktail brings a refreshing twist to Bushmills 10 Year Old – a great way for discerning
whiskey drinkers to discover this single malt whiskey. The fresh and zesty notes of Bushmills 10 Year Old complement the crisp, fruity flavours from the cider and apple juice. Topped off with sparking soda water and a wedge of apple – what’s not to like?
50ml Bushmills 10 Year Old
75ml dry cider
25ml pressed apple juice
- Pour 50ml Bushmills 10 Year Old into a highball glass.
- Add 75ml dry cider.
- Top with 30ml soda and 25ml pressed apple juice.
- Add cubed ice and garnish with a wedge of apple on the edge of the glass.
For more cocktail inspiration and recipes, follow Bushmills Irish Whiskey on social media