Translink has revealed its most extensive range of discount travel tickets and special services to attract more people to shop and socialise in Belfast this festive season. The launch follows the recent Executive Office announcement that the Department for Infrastructure will provide extra funding to Translink to support delivery of a high impact festive travel campaign.
Starting from November 17, the package includes day travel across the city for just £2 (£1 child), a £5 family ticket and additional bus, coach and train services including midnight departures*.
Full details of the Festive Fares campaign are now available online at www.translink.co.uk/christmas/ and Translink Group Chief Executive Chris Conway says there are services and tickets to suit a wide range of Christmas travel requirements:
“We realise the extra significance of Christmas this year for Belfast’s economy following the Bank Buildings fire and we’d like to thank The Executive Office and Department for Infrastructure for additional funding to help us launch our biggest-ever selection of discount tickets and extended services to enable more people to enjoy all the city has to offer at this busy time of year.
“With traders offering so much choice coupled with all the city festivities, public transport is a convenient, great value and hassle-free way of travelling into and across Belfast whether it’s for shopping or socialising.
“Some of our headline deals include £2 unlimited day travel after 9.30am across the entire Metro and Glider system including from main Park & Ride facilities at Black’s Road, Cairnshill and Dundonald until December 31. Our Family & Friends ticket also offers up to 2 adults and 4 children unlimited day travel on Glider and Metro for just £5.
“Anyone using Ulsterbus or Goldine services can enjoy day return travel for the price of a single ticket after 9.30am. And there’s a third-off NI Railways day return tickets after 9.30am on weekdays and all day at weekends until the end of December. There’s also a massive 50% off bus and rail single fares for our younger yLink card customers!
“We’re providing midnight departures on NI Railways, Metro and Goldline on Fridays and Saturdays during the festive period and main Park & Ride facilities will offer late night and Saturday services along with free parking.
“Our #Smartmovers team will be out and about across the city centre to assist customers with any travel enquiries and we’ve also arranged some in-station entertainment to add to the festive cheer! We’re now encouraging everyone to visit translink.co.uk/christmas/ to find out more and follow us on social media for all the latest travel updates.
“This is just a taste of our festive travel package as we look forward to welcoming more customers on board our services and supporting a successful Christmas for Belfast,” said Chris.
For full details on Translink’s festive fares, services and celebrations visit: www.translink.co.uk/christmas/ , call 028 90 66 66 30 and follow @Translink_NI #smartmovers.
Subscribe to Blog via Email
*Translink festive fares and services for Belfast
Here are all the Translink offers available for passengers in Belfast this festive season. Full details – www.translink.co.uk/christmas/
Metro and Glider
- Enjoy £2 unlimited day travel after 9.30am (£1 child) across the entire Metro and Glider network from 17th November to 31st December inclusive. Available on mLink, dayLink smartcard and as a paper day ticket.
[“£1 cost of dayLink card purchase also waived until December 31]
Metro Night Movers
- Additional Metro midnight services each Friday and Saturday night from 17th November –22nd December inclusive.
Park & Ride
- Enjoy £2 unlimited day travel after 9.30am (£1 child) on Black’s Road, Cairnshill and Dundonald Park & Ride services. There’s free parking and you can use your ticket for unlimited Metro travel after 9.30am. Valid from 17th November to 31st December. Available on mLink, dayLink smartcard and as a paper day ticket.
- Sprucefield Park & Ride offers Return day travel for the price of a single after 9.30am
- Main Park & Ride facilities will offer late night and Saturday services (December 3 – 22).
- Free Returns- Day return travel for the same price as a single ticket after 9.30am (adult and child) across Northern Ireland throughout November and December 2018.
Goldline Night Mover
o Selected Goldline midnight services from Belfast will operate each Friday and Saturday from 17th November –22nd December inclusive.
- 1/3rd off day return tickets on all local services after 9.30am (Mon-Fri) and all day Saturday and Sunday (until December 30).
- Sunday Day Tracker fare £7.50 for all day rail travel across Northern Ireland.
- 25% discount on all local rail monthly tickets purchased between 26th November and 7th December 2018 (paper tickets, mLink and buy online).
Rail Night Movers
- Late night rail services will be operating on all lines around midnight on Friday and Saturday nights from 1st December- 22nd December 2018 inclusive.
Bus Rambler Ticket
- Unlimited day travel on all Ulsterbus, Goldline and Metro services within Northern Ireland after 9.15am for only £9 (children half price) from 15th December 2018 to 1st January 2019.
Friends and Family Tickets*
- Buses and Trains– £18 for one day’s unlimited travel for up to 2 adults and 4 children across Northern Ireland from 17th November 2018 to 1st January 2019 inclusive – no time or day restrictions.
- Metro and Glider– £5 for one day’s unlimited travel for up to 2 adults and 4 children across the Metro and Glider networks from 17th November 2018 to 1st January 2019 with no time or day restrictions.
[*Must have at least one adult and one child in the group]
- £50 for 2 adults and 4 children after 9.30am (exclusion dates apply)
- Webfare- Adult single from: £10.99, return: £15
- 60+ Smart Pass- Day Return from £10 (Enterprise Class) and from £25 (Enterprise Plus).
- Enjoy unlimited travel on all Metro, NI Railways, Ulsterbus and Goldline services with iLink – the integrated smartcard that provides day, weekly and monthly travel across Northern Ireland. Available for adults and children, save money and enjoy the flexibility to top up your card when you need it. Experience the freedom of Belfast in Zone 1 for just £5 a day, or the freedom of Northern Ireland in Zone 4 for only £16 a day!
- Gives anyone over the age of 60 in possession of a Smart Pass, free travel across Northern Ireland with no date or time restrictions.
Ylink & 24 Plus Cards
- 50% off single fares for scheduled bus and rail services until 31st December 2018. And you can now buy yLink online!
Offers for parents and guardians of young children
- Up to two children under 5 years of age can travel free of charge, on bus and rail services within Northern Ireland, when accompanied by an adult (16 years of age and older)
Translink’s #Smartmover Helpers
- To help promote our Christmas offers, best value tickets and to assist with service queries, promotional teams will travel on bus & train services over the festive period. They will also be based in Europa Bus Centre.