Experience the spectacular new 25th Anniversary production
This is Riverdance as you have never seen it before
The SSE Arena, Belfast
19-22 February 2020
Tickets on sale Thursday 14 November at 9am
25 years ago, 7 minutes changed the face of Irish dancing forever. The Eurovision interval act performance gave millions of people a new and exciting glimpse of the future of Irish dance. It could have ended there, but it didn’t – in fact producer Moya Doherty, composer Bill Whelan and director John McColgan were only beginning their Riverdance journey, a journey which has already lasted 25 years and one we invite you to celebrate with us in February 2020 when Riverdance – 25th Anniversary show will visit The SSE Arena in Belfast for a limited run.
Tickets for these dates go on sale Thursday 14 November at 9am from all usual outlets.
Riverdance – 25th Anniversary Show is a powerful and stirring reinvention of this beloved family favourite, celebrated the world over for its Grammy Award-winning music and the thrilling energy and passion of its Irish and international dance.
Since it began, Riverdance has toured the globe. The show has been performed over 12,160 times and seen live by over 27.5 million people in 546 venues worldwide.
Now it is time to celebrate another milestone on that journey.
Twenty-five years on, composer Bill Whelan has rerecorded his mesmerising soundtrack while producer Moya Doherty and director John McColgan have completely reimagined the ground-breaking show with innovative and spectacular lighting, projection, stage and costume designs.
The 25th Anniversary show catapults Riverdance into the 21st century and will completely immerse audiences in the extraordinary and elemental power of its music and dance.
The cast for this tour will feature, for the first time, many dancers and musicians who were not even born in the year that the show first opened; 1995 at the Point Theatre.
Twenty-five years on, both new and devoted fans of all ages will once again fall in love with the magic of Riverdance – the original, and still the best.
/Riverdance @Riverdance riverdance.com
Tickets for Riverdance – 25th Anniversary Show in Belfast go on sale Thursday 14 November at 9am.
Dates: Wednesday 19 February (preview), Thursday 20 February, Friday 21 February & Saturday 22 February (2pm matinee and evening shows)
Booking: All usual Ticketmaster outlets Nationwide.
24hr Credit Card Bookings 0844 277 4455 (NI) / 0818 719300 (ROI)
Book on line www.ticketmaster.ie
MORE ON RIVERDANCE:
For more info on the journey over the last 25 years see: https://riverdance.com/the-show/the-journey/
Facts about Riverdance:
- Played 12,160 performances
- Seen live by over 27.5 million people in 546 venues worldwide
- Played throughout 47 countries across 6 continents
- Played to a global television audience of over 300 billion people
- Sold over 3 million copies of the Grammy Award-winning CD
- Sold 10 million Riverdance videos & DVDs
- Riverdance holds the Guinness World Record for the ‘Longest Riverdance Line,’ which featured 1693 participants
- Since the Riverdance Summer School began in 2015 over 1600 Irish Dancers from 23 countries worldwide have attended the school and learned the iconic Riverdance steps
Among the 27.5 million people who have seen Riverdance live are:
- Michelle Obama
- Meryl Streep
- Hugh Jackman
- HRH Queen Elizabeth II
- HRH Princess Diana
- Harvey Keitel
- Scarlett Johansson
- Rory Best
- Joe Schmidt
- Jackie Chan
- Pierce Brosnan
- Saoirse Ronan
- Jamie Lee Curtis
- Jim Gavin & the Dublin team
What the critics have said around the world:
- “Triumphant! A perfect Gem.” – New York Post
- “The original ….the best.” – The Irish Times
- “Entertainment doesn’t come much better than this.” – The Irish Examiner
- “One of the most entertaining shows you will ever see.” – The Evening Herald
- “Dance does not often get so good.” – The Guardian
- “The phenomenon rolls on!… There will always be a Riverdance!” – The New York Times
- “The sort of spectacle and experience that comes along once in a lifetime.” – The Hollywood Reporter
- “Excellence beyond compare … majestic unshackled emotion … the audience was teeming with passion, so much that some audience members were even dancing in the aisles.” – Guangzhou Daily
- “The show is quite simply incredible. A phenomenon of historic proportions” – The Washington Times
- “As for the flaws? Well, there simply aren’t any.” – The Edinburgh Evening News
- “A Riverdance to Love! Exciting! Hypnotic! Thrilling!” – The Globe and Mail
- “…this one is the original, it is full of energy and exudes a smooth professionalism.” – South China Morning Post
- “Riverdance is the No. 1 dance show of the world.” – Shenzen Daily
- “Delightful! Energetic! Sexy!” – Toronto Star
- “Riverdance is as much a phenomenon as a show.” – New York Post