Bad behaviours, superhero rap battles and celebrities mocking themselves were just some of the topics according to a recent list by Google.
The search engine, which owns YouTube, put out a list detailing the top trending videos of 2014. Music videos by Nicki Minaj, Meghan Trainor, Taylor Swift and Sia among the most viewed this year. Katy Perry’s Dark Horse nabbed the top spot as the most viewed music video on YouTube.
When it comes to music, it was a year of powerful female artists, as you can see from our list of top music videos: female artists took eight of the top 10 spots (Shakira took two!). 2014’s top 10 music videos were collectively played billions of times from channels with 55+ million subscribers.
1. Katy Perry – Dark Horse (Official) ft. Juicy J
2. Enrique Iglesias – Bailando (Español) ft. Descemer Bueno, Gente De Zona
3. Shakira – Can’t Remember to Forget You ft. Rihanna
4. Shakira – La La La (Brazil 2014) ft. Carlinhos Brown
5. Jason Derulo – “Wiggle” feat. Snoop Dogg (Official HD Music Video)
6. Iggy Azalea – Fancy (Explicit) ft. Charli XCX
7. Sia – Chandelier (Official Video)
8. Taylor Swift – Shake It Off
9. Meghan Trainor – All About That Bass
10. Nicki Minaj – Anaconda
And here are the top trending videos for 2014, based on views, shares, comments, likes and more. This year, the list represents the amazing variety of creativity brought to YouTube each day, which can include social commentaries, pranks, advertisements, and thrilling moments from traditional media and big names on YouTube. Collectively these 10 videos have hundreds of millions of views from creators with more than 21 million cumulative subscribers.
1. Mutant Giant Spider Dog (SA Wardega) by SA Wardega
2. Nike Football: Winner Stays. ft. Ronaldo, Neymar Jr., Rooney, Ibrahimović, Iniesta & more by Nike Football
3. FIRST KISS by Tatia PIlieva
4. The Voice IT | Serie 2 | Blind 2 | Suor Cristina Scuccia – #TEAMJ-AX by TheVoiceOf Italy
5. iPhone 6 Plus Bend Test by Unbox Therapy
6. Bars & Melody – Simon Cowell’s Golden Buzzer act | Britain’s Got Talent 2014 by Britain’s Got Talent
7. Budweiser Super Bowl XLVIII Commercial — “Puppy Love” by Budweiser
8. Devil Baby Attack by DevilsDueNYC
9. Goku vs Superman. Epic Rap Battles of History Season 3. by ERB
10. 10 Hours of Walking in NYC as a Woman by Street HarassmentVideo
Here’s a look at some of the top trending videos of 2014:
Nike Football: Winner Stays. ft. Ronaldo, Neymar Jr., Rooney, Ibrahimović, Iniesta & more
top ten unsportsmanlike moments in sports.
Bars & Melody – Simon Cowell’s Golden Buzzer act | Britain’s Got Talent 2014
Some people just can’t let it go. And some are apparently willing to take it as far as creating their own Frozen ending.
Jimmy Fallon and will.i.am exude their alternate junior high school girl personas in “Ew!,
painful-to-watch video of a man trying to bend an iPhone 6 Plus
rap battle between Superman and 90s anime character Goku
Celebrities Read Mean Tweets #7”
alarming look at the street harassment many women in New York City contend with every day.
Budweiser Super Bowl XLVIII Commercial — “Puppy Love”
epic lip syncing battle that only Jimmy Fallon and Emma Stone
powerful performance from The Voice Italy
Mutant Giant Spider Dog
Northern Ireland list
Number one in N.Ireland : Frozen girl
Number two : The 80 mph question
Also on Facebook our very own “How to wrap presents” has reached over 10 million!