lyrictheatre.co.uk tel: 028 9038 1081
Inspired by the book by Julia Donaldson & Axel Scheffler
Join a tiny snail on her trip round the world in Tall Stories’ magical, musical production inspired by the fantastic bestselling picture book The Snail and the Whale by Julia Donaldson and Axel Scheffler, published by Macmillan Children’s Books. The 2018 UK Tour coincides with the 15th anniversary of the publication of The Snail and the Whale which is also being marked with a special edition of the book.
A tiny snail longs to see the world, so she hitches a lift on the tail of a humpback whale. Together they go on an amazing journey, experiencing sharks and penguins, icebergs and volcanoes. But when the whale gets beached, how will the tiny snail save him?
Tall Stories’ production is influenced by the work of Storybook Soldiers, who help British military personnel serving abroad to record bedtime story CDs for their children back home. The amazing journey of the tiny snail is seen through the eyes of a very adventurous young girl – who’d love to be going round the world with her seafaring father…
Storytelling, live music and lots of laughs, in a show for everyone aged 4 and up.
‘This production has real charm.’ The Scotsman ★★★★★
- A modern classic, published in 2003, with over 2 million copies sold worldwide.
- “Probably my favourite of all the books I have written for Axel Scheffler to illustrate.” (Julia Donaldson)
- Winner of the 2004 Early Years award, the 2005 Blue Peter award and the 2007 Giverny award. THE SHOW
- Created in Tall Stories’ unique style, the show combines storytelling, music and lots of laughs.
- All music and sound effects are created live on stage with a viola and an effects pedal.
- Recommended age group: 4-10 and grown-ups.