– Overnight packages available at the leading 5 star venue from £10 to £1500 –
– One lucky winner will walk away with a £10K Merchant Hotel package –
Belfast’s only 5 star venue and Northern Ireland’s only five red star property, The Merchant Hotel marks ten years in business this April. To celebrate this decade of decadence, the luxurious venue has dreamed up ten days of offers, available to reserve and experience from April 20th to April 29th. The Decade of Decadence themed offers are across the hotel’s wide ranging first class services from delectable dining to rejuvenating spa packages to a stay in the hotel’s most lavish suite with butler service. With overnight luxury stays available for just £150, all tastes and all budgets are accounted for in this very exciting ten days of decadence. Both friends of the venue and those who have not visited before are invited to celebrate this very special milestone with this acclaimed Belfast icon.
Offers and experiences can be booked online at www.themerchanthotel.com or by calling the reservations team on 028 9023 4888. Just some of the incredible offers available as part of the Decade of Decadence celebrations include:
- An exceptional offer to celebrate an exceptional 10 years, The Merchant Hotel will be offering 10 overnight stays for just £10, exclusively when booking online. One luxury room will be released per day of bookings made between the 12th and 21st April, with the lucky recipients checking in over our ten days of Decadence (20th to 29th of April inclusive). One £10 stay per day will be generated at 10am between 12th-21st when guest book via The Merchant Hotel website.
- The Ultimate Anniversary Package is the perfect way to celebrate a special occasion this year. This £1500 package is worth every penny and promises to be an unforgettable experience with surprises at every turn. Guests will begin the experience at their own home, where a chauffeur driven Rolls Royce Phantom will collect and escort them to the hotel for early VIP check-in. From there, a private butler will direct guests to the hotel’s most expensive, lavish suite. Waiting to welcome you will be a personalised bouquet of seasonal blooms, a fresh basket of fruit and handmade petit fours. Post rejuvenating spa treatments and a blissful repose on in the rooftop hot tub, The Merchant’s wine cellar will be opened exclusively for guests who will have the on hand expertise of Food and Beverage Manager, Marco Marro. Guests will carefully select a menu of wines that perfectly complements their evening at the Great Room. Whilst there, guests will dine on a truly decadent seven course tasting menu. The evening is not the end as the next day guests will have another full day’s entertainment beginning with breakfast in bed, followed by Champagne Afternoon Tea and a leisurely journey home in the elegant Rolls Royce.
- Guests who avail of the £150 Anniversary Package will be treated to a limited edition experience encapsulating the opulence with which the hotel has become synonymous. Included in the package is one overnight stay with breakfast in a luxury room and a bottle of Ruinart on arrival, a champagne exclusive to the hotel.
- The Great Room is offering a first class culinary experience, perfect for the food lover in your life. From just £18.50 per person, guests will enjoy a set menu of sumptuous courses, expertly designed by Executive Chef, Johnny Leake and his team. To make the moment event more memorable, guests will have the opportunity to savour a glass of Dom Perignon Champagne for just £40 per glass.
As part of the Ten Days of Decadence activity, the hotel is calling on guests, past and present, to help them recall some of the magic moments from the Merchant over the last ten years. Merchant Hotel aficionados who wish to share their Merchant Memory simply submit it on the hotel’s Facebook page – www.facebook.com/themerchanthotel. One memory will be selected as the winner of a magical spot prize each day from April 20th to 29th.
At the announcement of the Ten Days of Decadence today was Alice McKenna who has worked at the hotel since 20th April 2006.
She recalled her favourite memory of the hotel;
“I have been with The Merchant Hotel since April 20th, 2006 and I am the only original housekeeper left in the department. We had a great induction week which included standards, personal grooming, how to iron shirts properly, tie a neck tie and polish shoes, all of which set the precedent for the very high personal standards expected of anyone who was fortunate enough to become a member of The Merchant family. These very high standards translated through to what was expected from a Merchant colleague in our everyday work and these standards are what I strive to uphold in the housekeeping department on a daily basis.
“There have been many highlights in my Merchant career including Sir Ben Kingsley switching on our Christmas lights to hosting MTV’s drinks party through to making special moments for guests who hopefully will remember them for a very long time. The pinnacle of my career so far is achieving and retaining our AA 5 red star rating and to be the only one in Northern Ireland is a great honour. It takes a lot of hard work and dedication to maintain the standards required for 5 star classification, however everyone at the hotel supports each other and I get tremendous job satisfaction from knowing what we have achieve together.”
As if Ten Days of Decadent offers wasn’t enough, The Merchant Hotel are adding even more magic by offering one very lucky person £10,000 Merchant Hotel package. One lucky winner will walk away with ten years of luxury, enjoying a sumptuous, indulgent and relaxing weekend at The Merchant Hotel every year until 2025. This is truly the prize that keeps on giving. To be in with a chance to win the decadent prize, just complete the entry form hosted on The Merchant Hotel’s website.
Since opening in the Cathedral Quarter in April 2006, The Merchant Hotel has not only breathed new life into the city centre, it has also delighted its guests with first class service, unrivalled luxury accommodation and an unparalleled food and drink offering. In just 10 years, The Merchant Hotel has become synonymous with perfection, glamour and splendour and has put Belfast City on the map as a leading travel destination. Just recently the hotel’s owner and Director of Beannchor Group, Bill Wolsey received an OBE for services to business and the hospitality industry in Northern Ireland. Having accumulated over 100 prestigious accolades including their recent AA Five Red Star Rating, the UK Hotel Awards Best UK Hotel and Tales of the Cocktail Spirit Awards World’s Best Cocktail Bar, The Merchant Hotel’s influence in the industry and unparalleled success in the region is undeniable. This 10 year celebration is the pinnacle of a decade of hard work for everyone at the hotel and a very special moment for all of Northern Ireland to enjoy.
Speaking on the decadent celebrations, Bill Wolsey, Owner of The Merchant Hotel said:
“We are thrilled to be celebrating ten years of The Merchant Hotel. Since our arrival on Skipper St in 2006, we have gone from strength to strength and I am so proud of everything that the hotel has achieved in this time. Our success is not just because of our incredibly elegant venue, it comes as a result of constant hard work from our talented team and support from our loyal guests. This collection of great value packages are a thank you to everyone for supporting us and we look forward to celebrating with guests as they year goes on. Northern Ireland, particularly Belfast, is a wonderful place to do business and with our next venture Bullitt planned to open shortly, we hope to be here for a few decades more.”
For more information on The Merchant Hotel or to avail of the ‘Decade of Decadence’ collection of offers visit www.themerchanthotel.com/offers-seasonal/ten For your chance to win great prizes including the 10 year package worth over £10,000, follow The Merchant Hotel on Facebook www.facebook.com/themerchanthotel and on Twitter – @MerchantHotel and using #MerchantTen.
The full list of offers available includes:
The Cloth Ear
Specially selected wines at this comfortable and laid back venue for only £10 per bottle
Berts Jazz Bar
Embrace the Art Deco glamour of 1930’s New York and the Jazz Age with two glasses of prosecco for only £10.
The Great Room
Enjoy the splendour of The Great Room and savour a set menu at lunch or dinner, with 2 courses for £18.50 or 3 courses for £22.50. Add the ‘Wine of the Month’ for just £15 (available Monday to Friday).
Indulge in decadence with an exclusive opportunity to sample Dom Perignon Champagne at £40 per glass.
£10 Overnight Package
An exceptional offer to celebrate an exceptional 10 years, The Merchant Hotel will be making 10 rooms available for £10. One room will be available per day from the 20th-29th April (inclusive).
The Ultimate Package of Decadence- £1500
An overnight experience beginning with a chauffeured trip from the guest’s home to the hotel. This divinely decadent experience includes early check in, treats such as champagne, petit fours and flowers on arrival, spa treatments, rooftop hot tub access, wine tasting, Great Room dining experience, breakfast in bed and a champagne afternoon tea.
Decade of Decadence Anniversary Package- £150 per room
This limited edition luxury package encapsulates the opulence with which the hotel has become synonymous. Includes one night B&B and a bottle of Ruinart Champagne upon arrival.
£10 off a recommended product for guests enjoying any treatments. Purchases must be made on the day of treatments to benefit from this discount.
The Cocktail Bar
Diners are invited to sample the exclusive Decade of Decadence Lobster Club Sandwich in the luxurious setting of the Cocktail Bar, this gastronomic treat is a delectable combination of lobster, caviar, lobster mayo, baby gem lettuce and a poached egg yolk, all enveloped in a brioche bun. The sandwich is washed down beautifully with a limited edition Champagne Decade of Decadence Cocktail priced at only £10 and crafted especially for the anniversary celebration.
Meetings & Events
The Merchant Hotel’s Fabulous Fashion Teas have become an iconic fashion event in Belfast. Now in their 9th year, the shows take place every spring/summer and autumn/winter season, and are a truly delightful way to follow fashion! Featuring carefully chosen local designers and high-end boutiques, these are fashion shows with a difference. Guests will enjoy a superb fashion show whilst sipping a chilled glass of Veuve Clicquot Champagne, with our famous Merchant Afternoon Tea also included in the ticket price! Furthermore, guests can shop the collection from the show just seen thanks to our pop-up boutiques, which are open throughout the weekend of the teas and include all featured retailers and designers. The Spring/Summer 2016 shows will take place on the 23rd/24th April, with tickets priced at £35 per person (cost includes access to your chosen show and pop up boutique, Afternoon Tea and a goodie bag)
The weekend show schedule is as follows:
- Saturday 23rd April – 12:00PM – Fashion Tea with Harper
- Saturday 23rd April – 2:30PM – Fashion Tea with The Walk In Wardrobe
- Saturday 23rd April – 5:00PM – Fashion Tea with Orchid Lingerie
- Sunday 24th April – 1:00PM – Fashion Tea with David Yurman Lunn’s Jewellers
- Sunday 24th April – 3:30PM – Fashion Tea with Chloe Dougan Designs and A.P.D Jewellery