Looking for some extra work? ‘Vikings’ need 8,000 extras for filming in Ireland
Newstalk reports that Vikings, the hugely successful History Channel production that is filmed in Ireland, has announced a casting call to find a minimum of 8,000 extras to work on its forthcoming season, which will be filmed here.
The Canadian/Irish production recently began its third season and will begin filming the fourth in Ireland in April. The producers have today announced they are looking for extras to take part, and the selection process will be held in Dublin, at the Film Base in Temple Bar, and at the Grand Hotel, Abbey St, in Wicklow.
The work is casual and temporary, but with 8,000 spots to fill it would appear you’ll have a good chance of getting the call sometime between April and December, when filming wraps up.
Those interested can attend the open casting days, with the events page on theVikings Extras Facebook page offering the following advice to applicants turning up to stake a claim.
- They are mainly looking for adults aged 16+
- People from all ethnic backgrounds are required
- You do not need an appointment
- You only need attend one day of auditions
- Each person who attends will fill out an application and have a photo taken
- The process will take roughly 20 minutes
- When you head along, have your measurements to hand. E.g. Height, chest, dress, shoe size etc. (You’ll need them for the application form)
- No need to bring a CV or headshots, but the team will accept them if you do have them with you
- There’s a long list of specific skills and appearances they’re looking for, including: Fishermen, carpenters, skilled swords people, bowmen and women, ship hands, Latin speakers, tree surgeons, and males with long hair and beards (you can find a full list of these – and there are plenty more – on the Vikings Extras Facebook page).
There will be 3 x Extras Open Casting days in 2015 – 2 days will be held in Dublin and 1 day will be held in Wicklow. Details are below
FILMBASE, Curved St, Temple Bar, D2
Tuesday 31st March 2015 between 9.30am -4.30pm
Wednesday 1st April 2015 between 9.30am – 5pm
The Grand Hotel, Abbey St, Wicklow Town
Tuesday 7th April between 10am – 6pm
Check out the Vikings Extras Facebook page for more information
— Love Belfast ❤️ (@love_belfast) March 22, 2015
— Love Belfast ❤️ (@love_belfast) March 31, 2015