Subscribe to Blog via Email
What time does the concert kick of?
The venue will open at 5pm. Early queuing will not be permitted as it is close to a residential area and concert goers are being asked to respect the privacy of the local community.
Who will be performing and what are the stage time?
The opening acts for Ed Sheeran will be Anne-Marie, Jamie Lawson, and Beoga.
Stage times are as follows:
6:30pm: Jamie Lawson
7:30pm: Anne Marie
8:45pm: Ed Sheeran
All times subject to change.
Is there an age policy for the concert?
Promoters Aiken have issued the following advice:
- Under 18’s MUST be accompanied at all times by a parent or guardian attending the event who will remain with them and take full responsibility for them throughout the duration of the event.
- One adult can accompany up to 4 children.
- For the safety and enjoyment of all patrons, PSNI and Aiken Promotions request all Parents and Guardians to undertake full responsibility for U18’s throughout the duration of the event and to fully review and ensure to adhere to the age restrictions and conditions before attending the event.
- There will be FREE-TAG-A-KID safety wristbands which will be available at all the customer care points both outside and inside the venue. Parents/Guardians attending with young children are encouraged to avail of these white wristbands which have a space for Parent/Guardian to write a contact number and seat number if applicable. The purpose of these wristbands is to help reuniting lost children with parent/guardian should your child become separated from you within the venues.
- We strongly advise against bringing young children to the concert due to the sound volume and the potential upset for children. We also cannot allow any prams or any furniture into the venue.
- If you decide to bring your baby/ toddler to the show, parents must sign a disclaimer form on admission to the venue. Also, please note, a ticket is required for every concert attendee including babies and toddlers.
Can I still get tickets?
Unfortunately if you haven’t already bought a ticket you’re gonna have to give this one a miss.
The concert sold out within minutes of going on sale and there will be strict rules in place to limit third party sellers.
For tickets purchased online: To gain access to the concert you are required to bring your tickets along with the purchasing credit card or a photo/photocopy of the credit card and a valid form of ID to reflect family name.
For tickets purchased in outlets: Whether you have paid by cash or credit card your name will be printed on your tickets and you will be required to bring valid ID matching the name printed on the ticket, or a photocopy, to gain access to the show.
What will the weather be like on Wednesday?
Early forecasts predict it will be cloudy but little chance of rain with highs of 13 degrees. But as we all know this is Northern Ireland and the weather is unpredictable so keep an eye on what Barra or Frank are saying and bring appropriate clothing!
Are there any restricted items I won’t be allowed to bring to the venue?
Once again, Aiken have provided a handy list:
- Umbrellas are not permitted in the venue. In the event of adverse weather conditions, we would advise bringing a rain mac or disposable rain coat.
- Any large lens professional cameras or any form of video recorder WILL NOT be admitted. Only small 35mm cameras will be permitted.
- Flag poles, selfie sticks, sticks for banners are not allowed. Only small banners of other (A4 or A3 size) will be permitted into the events as anything larger can obstruct the views of other customers.
- Prohibited articles and items are as follows: any article that may be used as a weapon, bottles, glass vessels, cans, flasks, Frisbees, and related items, dangerous or hazardous items, illegal substances, scooters, skateboards, or other skates. Laser devices, prams/push chairs, inflatable and folding chairs, suitcases, laptops, illegal merchandise items, hampers, and cold boxes, air horns and animals (except service dogs and guide dogs).
- Any person deemed to be offensive or abusive, or who may compromise public safety, will be reported to the police.
- Please do not bring a bag unless it is totally necessary. People without bags will be fast-tracked. If you must bring a bag it needs to be less than A4 size. Bags under A4 size will be subject to a search which will result in queueing. NO bags larger than A4 size will be allowed into the venue nor will you be allowed to leave them unattended anywhere in the venue so please adhere to the above restrictions.
What’s the best way to get to and from the venue?
Concert goers are being advised to use public transport where possible due to the huge amount of people expected in the area.
Aiken says: “The venue is well served by public transport. Bus and Rail transport options can all bring you within walking distance of the venue. Plan your journey online from anywhere in Ireland to the venue via www.translink.co.uk.
“As the venue is situated in residential and business areas, road closures will be put in place for the concert.”
Will there be parking available?
There is no parking available in the vicinity of the venue. Patrons are advised to park in the City Centre and either walk to the concert, or avail of the Translink Metro Service from Donegall Square East.
Buses for the return journey after the concert will leave from Stockmans Lane.
Here is some handy travel info:
Drop off & pick up
- There will not be any ‘drop off’ points in the area of the Event Site. ‘Drop offs’ and ‘Pick ups’ should be arranged at locations well away from the Event Site.
- It is anticipated that there will be traffic congestion and traffic diversions on Boucher Road after the concert. Therefore, there will not be any ‘pick up’ points close to the Event Site.
- Taxi drop offs will be located at Apollo Road/Wild Flower Way and the lay by close to the Kings Hall on the Lisburn Road.
- Taxi drop offs will not be permitted in any other areas in the vicinity of the concert venue.
- It is anticipated that there will be traffic congestion and traffic diversions on Boucher Road after the concert. There will not be any ‘pick up’ points close to the Event Site. Taxis should arrange to collect passengers at Apollo Road or at the lay by close to the Kings Hall on the Lisburn Road or at a location remote from the Event Site.
- Translink will be providing an extensive service before and after the concert to and from Balmoral Halt Station
- Patrons can book online for day return rail travel to Ed Sheeran, which covers outward journey from your departure station to Balmoral Rail Station and return journey from Balmoral Rail Station to your chosen destination.
- Rail Shuttle Services: Operate between 22:45 to 23:45
- Please see the Translink website for further details via www.translink.co.uk
- Private coach ‘drop off’ and ‘pick up’ will be located on Balmoral Road
- Translink will be providing coach services to and from a number of locations throughout Northern Ireland. Coaches will park at Balmoral Road during the concert and return to their respective destinations after the concert. Please see the Translink website for further details via www.translink.co.uk
Will there be food and drinks available at the venue?
There are food and drink facilities in the venue, but they are limited – you are welcome to bring your own food and soft drinks but please note the following:
- No glass, alcohol nor flasks will be allowed
- Only plastic cutlery will be allowed
- All soft drinks must be unopened with the seal intact
- No BBQs including disposable are allowed