Cannabidiol has become a household name, thanks to research highlighting the medicinal and therapeutic benefits it provides. Additionally, in recent years, research has proved beyond reasonable doubt the harmful side effects of smoking. As a result, more and more individuals are trying to move away from traditional cigarettes and substitute them with healthier alternatives. One of the most viable options in the market is CBD e-liquid or vape carts. Do you know how to vape CBD E-liquid? If not, learning how to vape CBD e-liquid can help you transition away from smoking to safer and more sustainable habits. Here’s a look at everything you need to know about vaping CBD e-liquid like a pro.
What is a CBD E-Liquid?
Cannabidiol, also known as CBD, is one of over a hundred chemical compounds found in the Cannabis Sativa plant. Unlike tetrahydrocannabinol, cannabidiol does not produce any psychoactive effects, making it safe for extended use. Also, these compounds have several medicinal and therapeutic properties, allowing them to work as potent natural remedies. Manufacturers can extract these substances from marijuana and hemp. However, most brands prefer the latter because it contains lower amounts of tetrahydrocannabinol. The 2018 Farm Bill helped legalize the sale of hemp products containing less than 0.3% THC. As a result, extracting from hemp helps companies stay on the safe side of the law.
Cannabidiol carts or e-liquids are fluids that contain hemp extracts in varying amounts. Vaping devices produce vapors from these liquids and enable users to inhale this while vaping. Unlike smoking that burns tobacco to create smoke, vaping does not involve any combustion. As a result, it does not generate new chemical compounds or toxins. On the other hand, research shows that smoking releases new toxins and chemical substances. These are foreign to the parent material, causing severe harm to our bodies. Studies highlight that cigarettes contain over 7000 chemicals and 70 carcinogens, making them dangerous and harmful.
Can we Vape Cannabidiol?
Most individuals are familiar with cannabidiol products, such as tinctures, oils, edibles, and topical creams. However, people are unaware of carts and vape e-liquids that contain these hemp extracts because they seem intimidating at first glance. Whenever someone says they are vaping hemp oil, they are referring to cannabidiol-infused vape juice or e-liquid. However, we cannot use all types of cannabidiol and hemp extracts in vaping devices. Manufacturers create unique formulations containing food-grade ingredients that are safe to consume and market as vape juices. However, individuals cannot vape all oils that contain cannabidiol as some are strictly for oral consumption. While tinctures made for oral consumption are oil-based, vape oil does not have any oil. On the other hand, such concoctions use hemp extracts, PG, terpenes, and VG.
What Do You Need to Get Started?
- Vape pens are the devices you use to heat the e-liquid and inhale the medicinal vapors. These come in various sizes, shapes, and types. Disposable pens are the most user-friendly but can get expensive in the long run. Hence, if you plan to stick to this habit, it would be best to consider investing in a refillable pen or device for economic reasons.
- Disposable pens are inexpensive, tiny, and light devices that resemble cigarettes and come with a built-in battery and heating coil. These will last you around a hundred puffs, after which you will need to replace them with another similar pen.
- Oil cartridges are thin, cylindrical tanks that contain either CBD juice or distillate. Since these are different in size and shape, you need to buy carts that are compatible with your pens and vice versa. For instance, if you have 510 cartridges, you will need a vape pen with a 510 thread battery to optimize your vaping experience. These usually hold between 50 to 100 ml of liquid and are effective for beginners.
- Pods are similar to cartridges but work like JUUL batteries. These are one of the most popular vaping devices available in the market. Individuals who use such products can switch between nicotine and cannabidiol with ease, making them an excellent option for people trying to quit smoking.
- Refillable vape pens are rechargeable devices that allow individuals to refill their e-liquids or vape juices once it empties. While these require more skill to operate, they are a long-term investment that is economical and cost-effective. They comprise a battery connected to a tank and can produce more flavor and vapor from the vape juice.
How to Vape CBD E-Liquid?
One of the first steps in learning how to vape CBD e-liquid is determining the appropriate dosage for yourself. Most individuals consult a doctor to receive the best dosing guidelines and recommendations. Deciding on the required potency and strength depends on several factors, including your height, weight, age, usage history, and health condition. However, beginners should ensure they don’t consume more than 5 mg daily to prevent developing a high tolerance or overdosing. Start with a low dose, monitor the changes produced, and update your intake when required for the best user experience.
Next, individuals must choose an appropriate vaping device to use, and the market offers products of various types and specifications. While some are easier to use than others, most devices are user-friendly and require very little getting used to for you to master. If you feel intimidated because you don’t have any prior experience, opt for the most straightforward vape pen available. While disposable carts are the easiest to use, refillable pods are cost-effective and more economical in the long run.
Before you begin, make sure you go over the instruction manual provided to ensure you are using the appropriate type of cartridge and battery. It will provide guidelines on how to clean your device, load your cartridge and place the batteries.
After you connect the battery, turn the vape pen on, press the button provided, and inhale the vapor produced. If you are using refillable pens, you might have to wait for roughly 15 seconds after turning the device on to inhale the smoke.
Once the vapors enter your mouth, hold them at the back of your throat for some time before exhaling them. If you are a beginner, make sure you wait for a minute before taking your next puff. Always start with low doses, and only increase your intake if you don’t feel anything after a few minutes.
Since this ingestion method gets the hemp extracts into your lungs, they produce an instant and long-lasting effect. By comparison, your body needs to digest the cannabidiol edibles and capsules before they can induce any effect, leading to more waiting time.
As you can see, vaping CBD e-liquid is a natural progression for individuals who want to reduce their dependence on cigarettes. Vaping or taking CBD cigarettes works as a safer, healthier, and more sustainable option that can help individuals side-step the side effects of smoking. How has learning how to vape CBD e liquids transformed your life? Help others make the transition by sharing your thoughts and experiences in the comments below