If you have arthritis and are considering using CBD balm to help you with the pain, you have landed on the right page. It is so because, in this article, we will discuss “How to use CBD cream for pain“? But before we get to that, we need to see what CBD is and CBD creams? And are they helpful for arthritis?
So with no further adieu, let us jump straight into the article.
What is CBD?
CBD stands for Cannabidiol, and it is a group of naturally occurring chemical compounds that go by the name of Cannabinoids.
What is a CBD cream?
CBD cream is nothing but a regular cream that comprises an oil of the CBD extracts.
CBD creams are usually applied because they can provide relief from various skin ailments and might benefit your muscle tissues.
How do CBD creams work?
There is no conclusive evidence behind the working of these CBD creams. Various theories are proposed in the past few years to explain how CBD creams and oils work.
Several researchers have said that CBD is an anti-inflammatory agent that can reduce swelling and eradicate pain when applied to the affected areas. Anti-inflammatory properties are the reason why CBD extracts are mixed with creams to use on your swollen or wounded skin.
Several others have proposed another theory for the working of these CBD creams, stating that CBD, when applied, might be effective in kick-starting the production of endocannabinoids in your body.
These endocannabinoids are similar to the CB2 receptors found in your body’s immune system. These endocannabinoids might have several anti-inflammatory properties that can effectively reduce inflammation and give relief from the pain.
Benefits of using CBD Cream
But why should you consider the use of CBD cream? Is CBD cream beneficial? Does it have positive effects on your body?
Some of the significant benefits of using CBD creams are:
- It might treat skin inflammation.
CBD cream contains anti-inflammatory properties and antioxidants, which might work wonders for your skin. It might help with cell regeneration and give relief from common skin disorders.
2. Might treat Eczema
Several research studies have indicated that CBD creams might effectively treat Eczema, a painful condition in which your skin feels itchy.
3. It might reduce the risk of skin cancer.
CBD creams help in cell regeneration, reducing the risk of skin cancer.
4. The appearance of the skin
Several researchers say that CBD creams are great for your skin’s health and might improve the way your skin looks or feels. Adding it to your daily beauty regime can do wonders.
5. Pain relief
CBD creams can be effective for people who are suffering from chronic pain. It is so because CBD might interact with CB2 receptors in your skin that might block the sensations that cause pain.
How to choose the best CBD cream for your needs?
It is important to note that hundreds of CBD creams are available in the market that claims to be the best. So how would you choose a CBD cream that suits your needs the best?
Keep the following factors in mind when choosing a CBD cream.
- Ingredients: This one is a no-brainer. You should know the ingredients used in the CBD cream because it would help you identify any raw material that might have any allergic effect on your body.
- Third-party Tests: Always opt for products that have been tested by a third-party. It is so because it indicates that the manufacturers are genuine and scientific tests back their claims.
- Hemp Source: Always try to find out about the hemp used in the cream you plan to buy. A CBD cream that uses high-quality hemp would be more effective and safe to use.
- User Reviews: Always opt for products that have a good rating. It shows a majority of the users who used the product found it to be effective. Additionally, opt for a product that has been rated by more than a handful of users. It is so because a product might have a 5-star rating, but it has been placed only by one user.
- Return Policy: Always go for a CBD cream that has offered you a return policy. It is so because it assures you that the manufacturers are confident about their product and care for your needs.
- Pricing: Now, you should not buy a CBD cream that costs a significant chunk of your salary. It is so because you are not going to buy the CBD cream just once. Always opt for a cream that fits well in your budget.
How to use CBD Creams for Arthritis pain?
One of the main USPs of CBD creams is that they are straightforward to use, and you do not require any additional equipment.
However, it is essential to understand that each CBD cream is different from others. That is why different CBD creams have additional usage instructions.
Experts advise you follow the dosage instructions mentioned on the product’s official packaging. It is so because the manufacturers share this information as they know their product better than anyone else.
You might also consult with your doctor or a CBD expert regarding the use of CBD cream. However, there are some basic steps that you should be mindful of before you use any CBD cream.
- You should first clean and dry the area where you want to apply the cream.
- Massage your skin with the cream gently for a few minutes.
- Once you have used the cream, wash your hands properly.
CBD Creams: Can it get you high?
Many people are worried about the use of CBD creams because they think that they can get them high. However, this is not the case.
CBD creams contain a small percentage of THC(less than 1%). Additionally, you need to administer THC products orally for getting high, which is not the case with CBD creams.
Overall, CBD creams might be a great option if you suffer from Arthritis pain and regular medicines have not been effective.
CBD creams can be the ‘next big thing,’ and their growing popularity indicates the same.