Avicii Tickets SOLD OUT
Red Hot Chili Peppers, Thursday 25th August – LIMITED TICKETS ON SALE NOW from www.ticketsmaster.ie /0844 8472455
This Thursday (25th August) some of the world’s biggest artists will be descending on Belfast for what promises to be unmissable live music at the biggest ever two-day Tennent’s Vital.
Organisers have issued a guide containing essential information for fans attending Tennent’s Vital at Boucher Road Playing Fields on Thursday 25th and Friday 26th August, available at www.tennentsvital.com.
The legendary Red Hot Chili Peppers will take to the stage on Thursday 25th August, to open Tennent’s Vital 2016 with incredible support from Fall Out Boy, Labrinth, Cage The Elephant and Otherkin. The Boucher Road venue will take on a Superclub vibe on Friday 26th August as Avicii takes to the stage for his penultimate gig before retiring from touring! Joining him will be special guests Jess Glynne, Duke Dumont, Galantis, SEEB and Zak Abel, closing Tennent’s Vital 2016 just ahead of the Bank Holiday weekend.
Victoria Brown, Tennent’s Brand Manager, said: “It’s all shaping up to be the best ever Tennent’s Vital and the excitement is already building up as the final touches are put in place to the incredible festival site at Boucher Road Playing Fields this week. We have two mammoth days of fantastic live music ahead and we’re getting ready to welcome tens of thousands of music-lovers to the event that we know will define the Summer of 2016. We’re ecstatic to have global superstars The Red Hot Chili Peppers headline on Thursday, and, on Friday, to also host Avicii’s penultimate gig before he retires from touring! Together with our partners MCD, we’re looking forward to welcoming everyone to two magic days of Tennent’s Vital.”
|THURSDAY 25TH AUGUST*||FRIDAY 26TH AUGUST*|
|BOX OFFICE OPENS||13.00||BOX OFFICE OPENS||13.00|
|FIRST ACT||16.45||FIRST ACT||16.00|
ADDITIONAL STAGE TIMES TO BE ANNOUNCED
*All times are subject to change
TRAVEL & TRANSPORT INFORMATION: GET THERE AND HOME
A police operation will be in place to help ensure that people attending the concert remain safe. Superintendent Bobby Singleton said, “Our message to everyone attending the concert this year is essentially the same as last year; enjoy the music, have a good time, but most importantly, stay safe.
“We are also encouraging those who are planning on attending the concerts to plan their journey in advance. There is designated car parking allocated at the King’s Hall Complex, with designated coach parking at the ‘Fruit Market’ Boucher Road. For those using taxis, the taxi pick-up point after each event will be on Apollo Road.
“Anyone planning on driving to the event is advised to park their vehicle legally and to ensure that it is not obstructing the driveway of any residential or business properties. If you are planning on drinking at the concert, do not drive. It only takes one drink to impair your decision making ability. The only right decision is to leave the car at home if you’re drinking.
“If you are going to drink, please do so responsibly and show respect to local residents, businesses and their property on the way to and from the events. Enjoy the concert look out for each other, and follow the directions of the event security staff and police who are there to keep you safe.“
Matt Garrett, Chair of the People and Communities Committee in Belfast City Council said: “Ensuring the health and safety of all the concert goers is of primary importance to Belfast City Council. Council officers have worked with the concert organisers, PSNI and emergency services to put measures in place to manage health and safety, noise, litter, on-street drinking and to ensure the concert is enjoyable and safe for both those attending, and local residents.”
Tens of thousands of fans will be traveling to Tennent’s Vital this coming Thursday 25th and Friday 26th August at Boucher Road Playing Fields, Belfast. Fans are encouraged to use coach, bus and train travel to South Belfast including special late night return services to bring people safely home. For full travel details, fans should click www.translink.co.uk/tennentsvital or call 028 9066 6630. There will be no parking or collections in the immediate area of the concert site.
Translink’s Ursula Henderson said: “With Balmoral Train Station situated close to Boucher Road Playing Fields, we will operate late night NI Railways services from Balmoral in both directions travelling as far as Portadown and Coleraine. Special festival coaches will run from locations right across Northern Ireland as far away as Derry~Londonderry, Omagh and Newry. There will also be an enhanced Metro bus service travelling between Belfast City Centre (Donegall Square East) and Boucher Crescent on each concert day. So, for a safe, reliable and hassle-free travel click www.translink.co.uk/tennentsvital/ or call 028 90 66 66 30 and plan your journey now.”
SOME FUN FACTS:
Did you know?
- At 60m x 40m, Tennent’s Vital is the biggest festival stage in Northern Ireland
- The Tennent’s bar, set up to cope with thirsty music-lovers, has the equivalent of 23 bus lengths of counter space!
- This year’s group of artists, between them, chalked up some of the biggest global music accolades in the business. They’ve won American Music Awards, Billboard Music Awards, Brit Awards, Grammys, Ivor Novellos, MTV EMAs, MTV VMAs, World Music Awards, MOBOs, kerrang! awards, international dance music awards, iheartradio music awards… plus countless other awards and nominations.
- The Tennent’s Vital audience of 2016 will be spoilt for choice when it comes to crowd-pleasing anthems. Be ready for spontaneous singalongs to ‘Give It Away, ‘This Ain’t a Scene It’s an Arms Race’, ‘Earthquake’, ‘Wake Me Up’, Hold My Hand’, ‘I Got U’ and ‘No Money’ … and that’s just scratching the surface of the mega-hits in store at Tennent’s Vital across 25th and 26th August.
- Thursday 25th August – Red Hot Chili Peppers, Fall Out Boy, Labrinth, Cage The Elephant and Otherkin: Limited number of tickets available – priced £49.50 including booking fee.
- Friday 26th August – Avicii, Jess Glynne, Duke Dumont, Galantis, SEEB and Zak Abel: SOLD OUT
- Tickets for Thursday 25th August can be secured via Tennent’s Vital’s official ticket partner www.ticketmaster.ie. Tickets are also available in person from 100 Ticketmaster outlets nationwide or via the 24hr Telephone hotlines: (NI & UK) 0844 8472455/ (ROI) 0818 719 300. Tickets should be bought only from official Ticketmaster outlets – fans should not purchase tickets from unofficial sources.
Keep up to speed with what’s happening at www.facebook.com/tennentslagerni.
Tennent’s Vital is an over 16s event. However, a parent aged 25 and over can take up to two under 16s to the show. Parents will be required to show age identification and sign a consent form in order to gain admission on the day. Under 16s must be accompanied by their parent at all times. Bars will operate a strict Challenge 25 policy.