photos: Andy Gibson
Desmarais Voted MVP By Giants Fans At Awards Night
Stena Line Belfast Giants forward James Desmarais claimed the Most Valuable Player Award at the annual Stena Line Belfast Giants Awards Night on Sunday at a packed out Ramada Plaza, Belfast. 500 fans, sponsors, staff and players filled the ballroom at the Awards Night – enjoying the fantastic atmosphere and a fun night with ten awards handed out.
Adam Keefe claimed three awards – winning the Community Service Award, Fans Favourite Award as well as the Players’ Player of the Year Award – which the Captain then Awarded to Jason ‘Taff’ Ellery, recognising the efforts and long hours that the Giants Equipment Manager puts in for the players.
Mike Radja scooped two awards – the Leading Scorer Award and the Forward of the Year. Mitch Ganzak was voted the Defenceman of the Year, Jonathan Boxill scooped the Unsung Hero Award, with Kris Beech selected as the Coach’s Player of the Year by Derrick Walser.
Graham Murphy was awarded the Special Achievement Award – for his 13 years of service to the organisation on the off-ice officials team as he now moves to Canada with his family.
Here is the full list of the winners from the 2015/16 Giants Awards Night
Special Achievement Award – Graham Murphy
– presented by Steve Thornton
Defenceman of the Year – Mitch Ganzak
– presented by Michael Hoey – Citroen
Forward of the Year – Mike Radja
– presented by Jonny Cook – Peninsula Care
Fans Favourite – Adam Keefe
– presented by David McCammond – Cool FM
Unsung Hero – Jonathan Boxill
– presented by Terry & Rebecca Jackson – Kukri Sports
Community Service – Adam Keefe
– presented by Danny & Megan Donaldson – Subway
Leading Scorer – Mike Radja
– presented by Steven Cockcroft – Johns Elliot Solicitors
Players Player of the Year – Adam Keefe
– presented by Paul McDonald – Belfast Baking Company
Coach’s Player of the Year – Kris Beech
– presented by Derrick Walser & Simon Kitchen – fonaCAB
Most Valuable Player – James Desmarais
– presented by Gary Ennis – Lockton
Photos: Ross Manley