Pitch Perfect is a competition organised by Market Place and supported by Belfast City Council that offers a young and blossoming business a unique opportunity to expose their products to thousands upon thousands of visitors at the award-winning Belfast Christmas Market FREE of charge for the duration of the Market. 14 November – 20th December.
Any business, sole trader whose business has been operating for between 3 – 18 months in goods of interest to (primarily) visitors to the Christmas Market and (subsequently) those who wish to experience retail in Belfast, can apply to win the following:
- A chalet at the Belfast Christmas Market (in the grounds of Belfast City Hall)
- Inclusion in an extensive PR campaign
- A business mentor (3 hrs) in the lead up to the market opening)
- Unfortunately we are not able to offer the competition to fast food businesses.
Valued at over £100k this prize really is a unique opportunity to create a fabulous platform and focus for your business. We have had many fantastic businesses win this opportunity before and one previous winner was able to join our team the following year due to the success the competition brought to them!
Contents of the Application
- Applicants must submit (by email) the following no later than 5pm on Wednesday 30th September 2015
- The business name
- The address at which the business is registered or works from
- Details of how long the business has been trading
- A brief outline of what product the business sells (not exceeding 200 words)
- A brief outline of the business target market (not exceeding 200 words)
- A brief outline of how the business could develop and grow (not exceeding 300 words)
Rules for entrants
- All applicants must be aged 18 years or over
- The business / sole trader must not be currently registered to trade as part of the Christmas Continental Market
- The business/ sole trader must have been in existence for no less than three months
- The business/ sole trader must not have been trading for more than 18months
- Supporting material such as images will be accepted, product samples cannot be accepted.
- If successful the business must be able to trade for the full opening hours of the Belfast Christmas Market: Saturday 14th November – Sunday 20th December 2015.
- If successful the winner is responsible for branding and dressing their chalet in conjunction with the Christmas Market guidelines
- Canvassing members of the judging panel or their organisations will result in disqualification
- All applications must be submitted by email to email@example.com no later than 5pm on pm on Wednesday 30th September 2015
- Applications must be no longer than 2 A4 sheets of paper (using point size 11)
- The winning business will be notified by w/c 7th October 2015
- The winning business must be in a position to begin trading from mid-November for approx. 4 weeks and from 10am – 10pm daily (exact times to be confirmed)