Music Capital NI is a non-profit project created by BrandNI and the local unfunded collaborative group #DERRYcreatives with the aim of developing an infrastructure and pipeline to benefit Northern Ireland artists and increase their chance of success both locally and internationally.
Music Capital NI will give Northern Irish artists a helping hand by using their access to recording labels from New York to London while also highlighting the vast facilities opportunities that exist locally. The aim will be however, to increase such facilities and opportunities even more to help develop and nurture the rich musical community that currently exists.
The first event being organised by the group is ‘Music Capital NI Battle of the Bands’ which is a national competition with bands and artists throughout Northern Ireland being encouraged to apply.
Submissions are now open and the Grand Final being held at Bennigans Bar on Saturday, 26th November 2016 with the aim of finding and help to nurture the next big thing from our music loving country.
The competition will consist of seven heats in total, one for each county of Northern Ireland and one for Belfast. Up-and-coming bands and artists are able to apply for consideration via the official website,www.musiccapitalni.com from Tuesday 11th October and close on Sunday 23rd October.
The top acts from each county will then be shortlisted by a panel of industry experts and go forward to the Battle of the Bands Heats. Music fans from across the country and further afield will then be able to vote for their favourite act by logging on to the official website from Tuesday 25th October until Friday 11th November with the act gaining most votes per heat going forward to the Grand Final.
Prizes up for grabs are: The title of ‘N.I’s Best Up & Coming Band of 2016’, a Promotional Bundle which will be sent to label contacts in New York, London and Dublin, a chance to play at Sunflowerfest 2017, promotion by Smalltown America through their Social Media Networks, plus a nice shiny trophy!
The Music Capital NI project aims to create an infrastructure and a pipeline for Northern Ireland artists to use to benefit their music and increase their chance of success locally and internationally, whether it be by supplying contacts, information or facilities.
Are you Northern Ireland’s next big thing? Then apply online today!
Battle of the Bands Rules and Regulations
1) Bands/artists must submit via the entry form found on www.musiccapitalni.com website or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org from Tuesday 11th October until Sunday 23rd October.
2) Bands/artists must have at least one member who resides in the County (or Belfast) where they wish to represent.
3) Bands/artists must supply a brief description of their act upon submission
4) Bands/artists can only submit to represent one County or Belfast
5) Bands/artists cannot change heats once form is submitted.
6) Bands/artist must be in the position to submit an audio track, link to an audio track or video of the track that they wish to submit.
7) Submissions will be shortlisted by a panel of industry experts and their decision is final
8) Bands/artists selected to compete in the online heats must have an audio track available for members of the public to judge
9) Heats will be decided by public vote which will run from Tuesday 25th October until Friday 11th November with the act gaining most votes per heat going forward to the grand final which will be held at Bennigans Bar, Derry-Londonderry.
10) Heat winners must be available to appear at the physical grand final which will be held at Bennigans Bar, Derry-Londonderry on Saturday, 26th November 2016.
11) The winning act will be decided by a panel of industry experts and their decision is final.
12) Band/artists must be willing to appear in any promotional material deemed relevant to the competition.