Awards highlight and recognise entrepreneurs who are transforming their industries, the economy and society
Nominations for Barclays Entrepreneur Awards 2020 are now open. The awards celebrate entrepreneurs’ success, leadership and their positive impact on society.
In this fifth year of the awards, Barclays is keen to celebrate the success of game-changing entrepreneurs and businesses which, despite the current pandemic, have made a positive impact to their communities and the wider economy. Whether through a pivot or by coming together to make a difference, entrepreneurship continues to be at the beating heart of our economy.
The Barclays Entrepreneur Awards for 2020 will recognise those who are making a difference to the people and communities in which they serve. Categories range from the Start-up Entrepreneur Award – which is for a founder of a business with propensity for scale – to The Social Entrepreneur Award for those who are positively driving social and environmental change with their business.
Richard Heggie, Head of High Growth & Entrepreneurs Proposition at Barclays said: “It’s been a difficult time for businesses due to the coronavirus outbreak, which is why it’s more important than ever to celebrate entrepreneurs and recognise their achievements. So often, it’s their exceptional innovation, alongside their drive for social change, that helps us to overcome challenges and keep the country moving forward.”
This year, for the first time, Barclaycard is joining the event alongside Eagle Labs and Barclays Rise as partners of the Awards.
How to enter
Nominations can be submitted online at https://events.barclays.com/entrepreneurawards2020 and until Friday, 3 July 2020.
Once nominations close, Barclays will shortlist winners from across the nations and regions of the UK, with the help of their panel of judges, made up of leading individuals from the entrepreneurial eco-system. These local winners will be invited to attend the National Awards Dinner at London’s Science Museum on Thursday, 15 October 2020.
Full list of Awards categories
Nominations can be submitted across eight different categories detailed, with the People’s Choice award opening up later in the process.
- Start-up Entrepreneur of the Year: entrepreneurs who have started new, fast-growing businesses.
- Scale-up Entrepreneur of the Year: entrepreneurs whose businesses are growing on a rapid scale.
- Social Entrepreneur of the Year: entrepreneurs whose companies have delivered transformative social or environmental change.
- Icon of the Year: entrepreneurs who have successfully turned their vision into reality.
- International Expansion of the Year: businesses that have established an impressive trading footprint and market growth in international markets over the last three years.
- Eagle Labs Innovation Award: companies that have demonstrated impact through digital empowerment and innovative collaboration.
- Rise FinTech Company of the Year Award: companies from the Rise network and Barclays Accelerator Alumni who are creating scaling businesses that are transforming financial services.
- The Barclaycard Next Level Award: recognises the entrepreneurs/businesses that have overcome a significant challenge or grabbed their big business growth moment.