Here are ten exciting things taking place from 30 December – 5 January 2020.
1. Out-to-Lunch-Festival Belfast, 3 – 26 January 2020. A lunch-based arts festival featuring the best in Comedy, Theatre, Literature and Music held in Belfast’s vibrant Cathedral Quarter. The 2020 edition features Badly Drawn Boy, Cerys Matthews, Janey Godley, Val McDermid, Joanne Harris and many more.
4. A-Night-in-Vienna Belfast, 4 January. This ever-popular New Year concert returns to enchant audiences once again. Let the Ulster Orchestra and highly-acclaimed soprano, Ailish Tynan, take you to the magic and magnificence of the 19th century Vienna ballrooms with a glittering collection of wonderful waltzes, opulent overtures and playful polkas.
6. The-Governors-NYE-Ball Belfast, 31 January. The unique Victorian Era prison provides a stunning backdrop to your New Year’s Eve party which will kick off with a magical drinks reception, followed by a three course meal and entertainment from live five piece band Conspiracy. They cover everything from the swinging sixties right up to current chart hits and are sure to have you up on your feet dancing the night away.
7. Life-Cycles-by-Lorna-Smyth Enniskillen, 2 Dec – 18 April 2020. This showcase of new works, curated by renowned artist Lorna Smyth, encompasses the four seasons in one year. Lorna’s art emphasises the world around us, highlights her love of nature and captures a sense of belonging regardless of the place name.
10. Peter-Pan Belfast, 29 Nov – 4 January. From Wonderland to Neverland, Paul Boyd returns with an exciting new musical of Peter Pan, adapted from the play by JM Barrie. With fairies, crocodiles, flying children, and mermaids, join the Darling children as they embark on the most magical adventure – where Hook and the crew of the Jolly Roger come face to face with all of Neverland and the boy who won’t grow up.
For more information on these events or to plan a short break in Northern Ireland, visit www.discovernorthernireland.